Sunday, January 1, 2012

Diary of a Polar City Prepper

I am a polar city prepper. By that, I mean that I am preparing for the worst case scenario in the climate scenarios unfolding in our time, and that is that I am preparing for life in a polar city sometime in the future: probably Alaska but I might end up in Canada or Russia, too, depending on how the lottery goes. Or Tasmania or New Zealand.

It's not that I want to live in a polar city. No, I'd rather keep my apartment in Los Angeles, close by the Hollywood studios where I get paid handsome fees to write movie scripts, most of them un-produced by the way. I got me a wife, two kids, a nice home, ocean nearby, nice car, vacations in the Maldives and Paris in the summer, what more can a man ask for?

But yes, I am a polar city prepper. I am preparing for the worst. As I see it, the entire Lower 48 will be gone, a wasteland. No water, no food, no fuel, no people. Those who survive will make it up to north Alaska and Canada, maybe over to Russia or Norway by ship. There won't be any more airplanes by then. We are talking End of the Known World. A new world being born, and not a pretty picture at all.

DIARY CONINTUES at http://pcillu101.blogspot.com

No comments: